Blood and Chrome Premiers!



I just finished watching the first two episodes of Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome after spending a weekend forgetting to do it.

My initial impressions are good ones.

The show has the intensity of the "original" (referring to the Edward James Olmos 'Galactica that ran from 2004-2009 and NOT the actual original series from decades ago), and I found myself wrapped up in the action immediately. The webisode format is probably adding to the intensity of the drama, as the action only has 10-12 minutes to tell a story, but someone seems to have remembered what made the 2004 series so good and I'm happy they did. I also think I can learn a thing or two about character portrayals from the writer, who manages to tell you who the players are and what they're about within moments of meeting them in an impressively quick fashion while avoiding the feeling of "info-dump" that sometimes rears its ugly head in fiction (and science fiction in particular).

I can honestly say, for the first time in a while, I can't wait for Friday night to roll around so I can see what happens next!

Below is the first episode for your viewing pleasure. You can find the other(s) as they come out on Youtube.

Comments

Popular Posts