SciFi Movies of 2018 Part 2

I have been really bad about keeping up with this blog, let's face it.
On the plus side, very close to getting Book 4 finished... On the minus side, I mean to do this post before July and half of August passed by... Can you believe we're 1/2-way through August?

So, let's recap:

July:

Antman and the Wasp:
I loved it. Nuff said. Find a theater still playing it. It's worth it.




August:

Kin

This might be really good, or it might not. It comes out at the end of the month so we'll see. I'm kind of interested in this one. Dennis Quaid could be cool, and James Franco does make a great sleazeball...



The Meg

It's Megalodon... No, really, it is.
Just gonna leave this here...


Replicas

I'm a big Keanu Reeves fan. The fact that he's heading this up makes me interested. The line at the end of the trailer is a bit of a turn off, though. Defying natural laws... blah, blah, yeah, heard that one before. To misquote Scotty, "You canna break the laws of physics," and I'm sort of tired of movies treating scientific laws like they are legal laws and not fundamental properties of nature... Also, cloning is not breaking any natural laws, it happens naturally (identical twins, etc.), but hey, this movie has Keanu, trans-humanism, robotics, VR, and an obsessed morally questionable scientist... Are you as lukewarm on this one as I am?

Did I mention it has Keanu?



September:

Predator

I usually get wary about reboots, but this one has Keegan-Michael Key and Edward James Olmos... It had me at Keegan. Looking forward to this with baited breath!



October:

Venom

Well, I'm not sure how to feel about this one either. The Amazing Spider Man #300 was one of my favorites (and like a moron I'm not sure what box it's in, or if I sold it or not...) I know Tom Hardy promised a good movie, and I love Tom Hardy, but ah.. the trailer has me a bit worried. I guess we'll see of subsequent trailers assuage my concern. Also, not sure this is going to work without Spider-Man, but hey...


November:

Ralph Breaks the Internet

I'm seeing this and you can't stop me.



December:

Alita:Battle Angel

Not sure how I feel about them reversing the name of this manga & anime, weird choice, but I am looking forward to it. Christoph Waltz as Dr. Ido has me quite excited. I think they went the right way with making this CGI instead of shoehorning in an actress that has no business in the role ::COUGH:: Ghost in the Shell ::COUGH::

The style really fits the mood of the world. Can't wait!

From YouTube


Aquaman

It's a DC movie!

Bumblebee

The toys I always wanted... The movies I never did. I miss The Transformers: The Movie movie... I'm an old man, aren't I?



Mortal Engines

I know absolutely nothing about this one save what the internet tells me. It's based on a book, the first in a quadrology (It's the new hip thing!). It's steampunk... That's about all I know about it. Check it out for yourself:


Comments

Popular Posts