New Blog Post: Westworld & Updates Nov 2016


I know it's been one of the longest no-blogging periods I've had in a while. The main reason for this is that I've spent almost all of my writing time over these last weeks working on Book 4. I'm about 70% finished with editing the first draft a.k.a. turning draft 1 into draft 2, and whereas I am now moving at a good clip, I'm still a bit disappointed that I didn't get it finished in time for NaNoWriMo. In fact, I haven't been able to do a NaNoWriMo yet. It seems I'm always working on something when it rolls around. Alas! Perhaps next year!

Aside from editing my fingers off, I've also been obsessing over Westworld. If you haven't checked HBO's new sci-fi series out yet, I suggest you get HBO Go and get caught up asap. The series is amazing! Loosely based on the 1974 novel by Michael Crichton (who also wrote, Jurassic Park, Timeline, and a ton of stuff you probably don't even realize is his) and the movie that came after it, this latest incarnation is a tour de force of intrigue, debauchery, murder, and highly advanced robotics.

From the opening twist to the chilling ending of the first episode, the series had me, and I'm happy to say it hasn't disappointed yet. I actually long for Sunday nights since this series began. One word of advice if you do decide to put it into your entertainment rotation: Watch the symbols and characters in the background as much as you do the action before you. Something's definitely going on.

Comments

Popular Posts