Writing Update 8-20-18

As I close in on finishing the edits for book 4, I've decided to get this blog up and running again. I'm going to try and post more often, aiming for the lofty goal of once a week but we'll see.

Anyways...

I'm closing in on finishing the edits for book 4! I originally intended this release for 2016, so I'm a bit chagrined by my own timeline, but I'm also excited to be where I am with it. I think the replacement chapters and the revised story are a lot better than what I originally had planned (which didn't have a good reaction from the one person who got to read it). It's always a good sign when you get excited by your own writing—which brings me to an interesting thought.

I often listen to music while writing, and I try to pick tracks that fit the scenes. Book 4 has had more fast-paced songs playing while I wrote it, and I think it does show up in the pacing of the book.

Here's a sample, by no means complete, of what I've been listening to during the creation and edits:

Song                            Album                                                             Artist

Remember the Cant      The Expanse (Original Soundtrack)             Clinton Shorter

Metal and Steel             X-Com 2: War of the Chosen                       Tim Wynn

117                                Halo 4 (Original Soundtrack)                       Kazuma Jinnouchi

To Galaxy                     Halo 4 (Original Soundtrack)                       Neil Davidge

Find Me When             Edge of Tomorrow (Soundtrack)                  Christophe Beck
You Wake Up

Recognizer                   Tron: Legacy (Original Soundtrack)             Daft Punk

The Attack                    Mass Effect 2 Soundtrack                             Jack Wall (EA Games Soundtrack)

Mombasa                      Inception Soundtrack                                    Hans Zimmer

The Imperial March     Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back             John Williams

Rescue from                 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back             John Williams
Cloud City

The Frail                      The Fragile (Left)                                          Nine Inch Nails

The Wretched              The Fragile (Left)                                          Nine Inch Nails

The Hand that Feeds    With Teeth                                                     Nine Inch Nails

Orion                            Master of Puppets                                         Metallica

The last two go with very specific scenes in book 4. Once I get it into your hands I'm wondering if you can pick them out.

That's all for now. Back to editing!

Comments

Popular Posts